SPRING FESTIVAL CULTURAL PROGRAM 2018
Pictures of Spring Festival of India 2018 are given below
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110883858@N03/albums/72157697389666814 (PC: Sapan Mukherji)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HnugPq9rsA951cGH8 (Part-1 : PC: Srikanth Bejjenky)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FJY9jsW4ZP5kEuFa7 (Part-2 : PC: Srikanth Bejjenky)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cJfLS9di44YeZpmA9 (Part-3 : PC: Srikanth Bejjenky)
Please note that TRICIA Cultural Committee has arranged a meeting with Choreographers at 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 18, 2018 at Hindu Cultural Center, 450 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, NY. We request all Choreographers to attend this meeting. If you cannot make it, please send your representative to this meeting.
This year there is no longer first come first serve basis for entries. If we receive requests for same songs from multiple Choreographers, we will take a lottery in the presence of all choreographers to choose the eligible Choreographers. If you are not selected in the lottery, you will be allowed to submit different song.
Please review the Guidelines below before you submit your request:
- Preference will be given to the multi group traditional or regional language. Maximum time not exceeding 20 minutes. (For example: Multiple choreographers of Kerala will work together to present variety of dances, heritage & culture of that region as one group item).
- Preference will be given to single group traditional or regional language over commercial filmy dances. Maximum 6 minutes per performance.
- Duplication of songs will not be allowed. We will take a lottery in the presence of all choreographers on Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 6:00 pm at Hindu Cultural Center, Albany if more than one choreographers are submitting entries for the same song. If you are not selected in the lottery, you will be allowed to submit different song.
- Minimum of 8 participants in each item is required. Groups with more number of participants will be given preference. Participants minimum age is 6 years.
- Medleys should not consist of more than 3 songs. The group performing an entire song will be given preference.
- Each choreographer can send in their request for only one item.
- Participants can perform in only one item.
- Costumes should be appropriate. Please bring in a sample costume to the rehearsal.
- Cultural Committee reserves the right to select the number of entries, select the items, suggest and make improvements in the items submitted.
- Choreographers and Participants full names must be emailed 10 days prior to the Rehearsal.
- All Participants/Choreographers must be TRICIA members to participate in the Spring Festival.
- Cultural Program entries must be submitted through online form.