Dear Respected Member of TRICIA,
On behalf of TRICIA Board Chair and Board of Directors, we hereby officially announce the upcoming elections for TRICIA 2019 team, along with Nomination Submission and Election Schedules and Election Guidelines.
Positions for Election:
President (1 position for 1 year term)
Vice President (1 position for 1 year term)
Secretary (1 position for 1 year term)
Treasurer (1 position for 1 year) term
Executive Committee Members (6 positions for 1 year term)
Board of Directors (4 positions for 3 years term)
Nomination submission and Election schedules:
1. Nomination process will be emailed to the TRICIA Membership on September, 27, 2018. Nominations must be submitted through email at: email@example.com.
2. Nominations will be accepted from October 10, 2018 starting at 10.00 am to October 16, 2018 until 4:00 PM.
3. Nominations will be verified for eligibility and posted on the TRICIA Website on October 18, 2018.
4. Nomination withdraw date October 20, 2018 before 4.00 PM.
5. Announcement of final candidates to TRICIA Members (by email) on October 21, 2018.
6. Absentee Ballots Request will be accepted only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org 10:00 am on October 10, until 4:00 pm on October 18, directly from the member. Only one email per household. Please write the name and address of the requester in the email.
7. Absentee Ballots will be mailed out on October 21, 2018.
8. Absentee Ballots must be returned post marked on or before October 27, 2018
9. One must be a TRICIA Member (Life or Annual) before August 31, 2018 in order to vote.
10. Elections will be held on November 3, 2018 (11:00 am until 3:00 pm) and November 4, 2018 (1:00 pm until 5:00 pm) at the Hindu Cultural Center, Albany, NY
11. Election Results will be announced on November 4, 2018.
1. BOD Candidates: Must be a Life Member before December 31, 2016
2. EC Candidates: a) Must be a Life Member before December 31, 2017 or b) Must be an Annual Member in 2017 and 2018. (2018 Annual Membership must have been paid on or before March 31, 2018).
3. Eligibility to Vote: All members who paid membership on or before August 31, 2018.
4. Membership List will be available in TRICIA website.
5. No Canvasing on days of the election inside the premises of HCC or in the parking lot. Candidates are not allowed inside the room where the voting will take place. Candidates can designate one person for observing election and voting. The designee's are not allowed to do any type of canvasing. Designee’s information must be communicated to NEC two days prior to the election date.
6. Any questions from candidates related to nomination and election process, eligibility, confirmation email, etc. should be directed to NEC via email at email@example.com
7. All candidates OR their designee (one person) will be allowed to be present during counting of ballots on November 4, 2018 Should you have any questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vijayan Aroumougame, Mukti Sarma and Madan Bindana
Nomination and Election Committee