TRICIA TEAM ELECTION 2019
ELECTION SCHEDULE & GUIDELINES
Dear Respected Member of TRICIA,
On behalf of TRICIA Board of Directors, we hereby officially announce the upcoming elections for TRICIA 2020 team, along with Nomination Submission and Election Schedules and Election Guidelines.
Positions for Election:
President (1 position for 1 year term)
Vice President (1 position for 1 year term)
Secretary (1 position for 1 year term)
Treasurer (1 position for 1 year) term
Executive Committee Members (6 positions for 1 year term)
Board of Directors (4 positions for 3 years term)
Nomination submission and Election schedules:
1. Nomination process will be emailed to the TRICIA Membership on October 13, 2019. Nominations must be submitted through email at: ———–
2. Nominations will be accepted from October 17, 2019 starting at 10.00 am to October 20, 2019 until 4:00 PM.
3. Nominations will be verified for eligibility and posted on the TRICIA Website on October 23, 2019.
4. Nomination withdraw date October 26, 2019 before 4.00 PM.
5. Announcement of final candidates to TRICIA Members (by email) on October 27, 2019.
6. Absentee Ballots Request will be accepted only via email at ————— from 10:00 am on October 17, 2019 until 4:00 pm on October 27, directly from the member. Only one email per household. Please write the name and address of the requester in the email.
7. Absentee Ballots will be mailed out on October 29, 2019.
8. Absentee Ballots must be returned post marked on or before November 8, 2019.
9. One must be a TRICIA Member (Life or Annual) before August 31, 2018 in order to vote.
10. Elections will be held on November 16, 2019 (11:00 am until 3:00 pm) and November 17, 2019 (1:00 pm until 4:00 pm) at the Hindu Cultural Center, Albany, NY
11. Election Results will be announced on November 17, 2019.
1. BOD Candidates: Must be a Life Member before December 31, 2017
2. EC Candidates: a) Must be a Life Member before December 31, 2018 or b) Must be an Annual Member in 2018 and 2019. (2019 Annual Membership must have been paid on or before March 31, 2019).
3. Eligibility to Vote: All members who paid membership on or before August 31, 2019.
4. Membership List will be available in TRICIA website.
5. No Canvasing on days of the election inside the premises of HCC or in the parking lot. Candidates are not allowed inside the room where the voting will take place. Candidates can designate one person for observing election and voting. The designee’s are not allowed to do any type of canvasing. Designee’s information must be communicated to NEC two days prior to the election date.
6. Any questions from candidates related to nomination and election process, eligibility, confirmation email, etc. should be directed to NEC via email at ————–
7. All candidates OR their designee (one person) will be allowed to be present during counting of ballots on November 4, 2018 Should you have any questions, please contact us directly at ———————-.
Alka Wadhwa, Jayanthi Sankrith and Peter Thomas
Nomination and Election Committee